Thursday, October 25, 2012

"Capture Your Grief" Day 25 - Baby Shower/Blessing

I didn't have a baby shower or a blessing for Sawyer. I was on bedrest at 24 weeks and since he was our second child, I don't think anyone thought to have another shower. I had everything I needed. But, I did receive a few small gifts as his arrival approached. My favorite is a baby book Erik gave me for Mothers Day that year. I spent a lot of my time on bedrest filling out the pages, I had nothing else to do. I'm so glad I had this and wrote down my thoughts and love for Sawyer before his arrival.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post. My friend is having a baby, and I wanted to get her something special. I sent out the baby shower invitations but the doctor just put her on bed rest. So instead of a baby shower we are going to have a welcome home party, she will just get all the gifts before hand. I have been making her a very nice baby book. I might give it to her early so she can fill it out like you did. Thanks for sharing!