Monday, February 14, 2011

CHD Awareness Week - A Song for Sawyer

February 7th through the 14th is Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week. Every day this week, we will feature one guest post from the parent of a CHD warrior or angel. Today, we feature the lyrics to a song written for Sawyer by his father.


Popcorn and Unicorns (A song for Sawyer)
by Erik Williams


Sunshine and clouds, always bring the rain
Why did you have to go and leave us with this pain?
Your perfect broken heart, was just too beautiful to stay
We’ll see soon, I can’t wait for that day.

Here comes the rain, comfort with pain
Makes me feel that I’m the one to blame.
Feels so good to me
Holding you as, I hold on to that June day.

Popcorn and Unicorns, we’re going around that carousel
I’m holding you oh so tight, but awaken in the dead of night.
Then I know it’s just a dream, I wish you were here forever
Maybe someday, we’ll see.

Here comes the rain, comfort with pain
Makes me feel that I’m the one to blame.
Here comes the rage, where will it be tomorrow?
Holding on to that pain, before it goes away.

Stuck in this cage, life is rearranged
Until we meet again one day.

4 comments:

Laura said...

<3

Wyatt's Mommie said...

Beautiful...

TanaLee Davis said...

Very nice. I myself wrote a song for my daughter TanaLee before she was born. It proved to be fitting after she died. I'm sorry that the song is one of grief but the words touch your very core. Its beautiful.
~Felicia

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

Gorgeous! I wrote a song for my little boy that died. My husband and I just recorded it and put it on my blog. My son had CDH and only lived 2 1/2 months. I LOVE this blog and am following.

If you want to take a look, here's the link to the song I wrote for my son. Scroll to the bottom to see the youtube video.

http://ecwrites.blogspot.com/p/our-music-fifth-side.html