Tuesday, June 29, 2010

All the places Sawyer went

Before I forget, I wanted to write out a list of places I had been over the 7 months I was pregnant with Sawyer. Wherever I went, he went. So here we go...

The beautiful park in downtown Morris. We went a lot with Sadie when the weather started to get nice and before I went on bedrest.

You were in a parade! In March, we rode the float in Manhattan's annual Irish Fest parade and we won the biggest clan award.

We also went with Aunt Mary and Jacob and your sister to the Little Red Schoolhouse. It was muddy and wet, but we braved the trails and had a really special time together.

At the end of March, we all went to our very first Easter Egg hunt. Sadie danced with you and Mommy to the fun music they played.

It was a really warm spring, so we went to the zoo with Grandma, Aunt Mary, Jacob and Sadie in early April. It was a lot of fun and we always had to stop in our tracks to find a bathroom. It was right around this time that I really started to show with you. I was so happy, maybe glowing is the right word instead.

One of the last places Sawyer went with Mommy and Daddy was to an Alan Jackson concert. We went just two days before we found out there was something wrong. You kicked along to the music while Mommy and Daddy danced and held each other close. I'm so glad we all got to dance together.

Most of all, we spent a lot of time at University of Chicago - visiting the doctor to always check and see how you were doing. I'm so grateful for all the ultrasound pictures we have of you - it's almost a complete documentation of every month of your life in the womb. A lot of mothers don't even get that. And I did. We're one of the lucky ones.


I love you sweetheart. And everywhere we go now, we know you are there with us. Forever.

No comments: