Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sunshine in my heart

Right now, I'm glad it's summer.

If this had all happened in the dark and cold of those long winter months, I really think my progress emotionally would be significantly slowed.

For my daughter, I have to go on. She's a fiesty two-year-old and she deserves the best I can possibly give her right now. I love her as much as I love Sawyer, so why would I deny her the joy of the summer sun or her first trip to the beach?

I'm glad the warm weather has forced us out of the house, not only for Sadie's sake, but for all of us. I know Sawyer is with me everywhere I go. He is part of me and I am part of him - that will never change. I'm forever his mother and the bond I had with him will never end, only change.

I'm glad we got to the beach today. Sadie really loved it, so did her mommy and daddy. Even though I never stopped thinking about Sawyer, I was happy. And I'll take what I can get right now.

No comments: